Friday, August 22, 2008

In case you are following...

...this bizzare case from afar, here is the latest. I'm not sure if this development bolsters or contradicts my early senility theory... it seems to undermine the notion of false allegations, but not totally. The rumor is that there is an email trail, which is only a rumor, but that makes me think even more that this dude's grasp on reality had slipped away. Regardless of his guilt or innocence, I hope he didn't kill himself. Granted, if guilty, public shame is warranted, but at 66, he could've just retired and went away from academia. Plus, it would be much more fascinating (as a "news" consumer) if he staged this whole suicide thing and was somewhere in Central America... Wow, between all of the sexual assaults, alleged football player rapists, and not too long ago, a family murder suicide by an embezzling banker, our little berg's reputation has taken quite a hit. Oh well, I need to get back to national politics, but I'm really tired of it all right now. Don't worry though, now that McCain has hired the same thugs that fucked him over in the 2000 primary, I'm sure I'll be very mad soon enough...

No comments: