Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Grandpa Munster is a hypocritical sack of....



Don't get me wrong, I have no (or at least few) illusions that Obama is the second coming (not that I believe in that biblical horseshit) or that he is not already bought by the corporations, but how can anybody want McCain to be the president over Obama? After 8 years of embarrassment at the international table, we can finally have a guy sit down that is charismatic and intellectually impressive and yet the polls are still somewhat close? I'm mean, come on... I have many a beef with Clinton(s) but I never...EVER... doubted the guy's ability as a politician. McCain is no idiot (like Bush most likely is??), but he has no power to impress other world leaders, nor does he excite much of anyone in his own country. Plus, no matter how much Obama will tack toward the right (which, I hate to say, is necessary in this single-issue voting freakin' country) he will be a smarter choice than McCain for anyone having progressive (see "liberal") leanings. I have a smart friend considering voting for Nader, and he lives in a swing state. All I have to say is... think about those who, when Bush and Gore tacked to the middle, said "Gee, they are pretty much the same guy, so I'll vote for Nader..." Well, would we have been in Iraq if 911 happened on Gore's watch? I'm comfortable saying NO! If you are in a swing state, carefully consider that vote against the two party system, as you may well enjoy a stacked supreme court and way more faith-based shit than Barack ever (schemingly) pandered to...

1 comment:

wakethefuckup said...

Hey, I'm the guy who posted the George Bush is not an idiot video. Thanks for the link. I enjoy your writing, and I'll be back.