Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Still pissed off in Iowa


Okay, this is really old news, but on numerous occasions, friends have brought up the claim that Al Gore said he invented the internet. This was a classic example of detractors making hay out of nothing. If you still buy into this crap, at least go check out snopes' (my favorite urban legend site) take on the validity of this tired criticism. Also, why you read it, think how things might have turned out if the republicans and Scalia had not stolen the election. Would Gore have been a great president? I can't say, but compared to what we have now... Here is an interesting take on President Gore by a libertarian member of the Future of Freedom Foundation (a think tank, I think -- I provide the link for reference, not because I buy their whole message). While on the topic, this guy has a bunch to say about that election.
Oh, and for those of you who say "get over it," I will never get over it. I, and I think, history will look back on this sham as the start of the worse presidency in our lifetimes (ever?). Bush has built a giant, yet inept and cruel, government that is unbelievably in debt. As for Iraq and the mideast, that's another post, and it ain't pretty. Also, I feel for the way Gore was screwed over, and this pic shows how he felt when he found out about all of those Florida voters that were removed from the voting roles by Katherine Harris: (do click on katherine)

No comments: