Thursday, January 13, 2005

I have to admit I'm getting better



Say Ahhhhhhhhhhh. No that's not me, but I am recovering from a bear of a sore throat and when I shined a flashlight in my mouth and looked in the mirror (I do this often), it looked alot like this. The only difference being my uvula, which also had swirls of white on it. I have, though, enjoyed the initial reactions I got when I told people that I had an engorged uvula... I'm now on my second antibiotic and either it is working or I'm starting to get better anyway. Needless to say, this infection has really curtailed my normal means of self destruction, so I haven't been out at all. I've also been fairly inactive on line, so I have little to offer the blogosphere. I will steal one link from Matt and suggest that any of you fellow heathens out there should enjoy this interesting site for the Landover Baptist Church. Matt pointed to their explanation for the tsunami... They have a great store too, check out this button:



and of course, I had to have this thong:



4 comments:

Randy Black said...

I would guess that Landover is quoting Luke 21:25. However, I did not look at the site as I do not find the church as representing any other church. They strike me as quite cultish. I would not discount the fact that the Armaggedon stuff will happen though. The battle is predicted by Christian, Jewish, and Muslim doctrines. So, as an agnostic, you should look into the other side occasionally.

I have been on anti-biotics this week too. If we had a normal winter, and not one that goes from one extreme to another, I think I would be healthier.

Happy New Year!

BEEz said...

This church is pure parody, from what I can tell, so I wouldn't avoid it based on affiliation (it is, at times, quite funny). I'm not much of a religious guy and since (presently) the big foot of the Christian right is squarely on the neck of our nation, I particularly appreciate it. I'm agnostic only in the sense that I think there is no way to every eliminate the possibility of some higher power, but I'm (functionally) more of an atheist. It is cool to run into a clear thinking dude like you who is Christian, but so often, I see the other side of the dominance of Christianity in our country.

Randy Black said...

It is also interesting the Bush announced that he would not press the senate for a ban on gay marriage in his second term citing that the defensive marriage act was in itself enough. And the Evangelicals now know they were used to an extent (that will only grow more as his term progresses) not unlike the way John McCain felt when he realized he would not replace Rumsfeld.

BEEz said...

Yes, I'm always amazed how readily folks will jump into bed with this unsavory cast of characters. This is especially true of McCain, who should know better. Watching him up on the stage slapping Bush on the back like they're good buddies made me realize that McCain a pure player... he deserves what he gets! Reagan did the same thing with the evangelicals. But I think that the impact of Bush's appointees, many of which (like Ashcroft) were named to please this constituency, is substantial. Thus, the evangelicals are not getting all they want, but they're getting too much for my liking...