Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Rolling Stone has some virtues again...


Rolling Stone magazine has improved with respect to its music coverage (from the late 80s to the early 90s it was pretty much a fashion magazine), but is still no way near its heyday in the early 70s. The political writing, though, has been very revealing during these godawful times. Here are some links to some of my favorite articles, some being old news, but still revealing:

On the alarming transfer of wealth here in the U.S. (Kirby, I'd be curious about your libertarian take on this one)

Sure, mess with my eternal love of smoky bacon

A preelection case for the outgoing congress as being the worst congress ever

I knew Bush lost in 2000, now I know Bush lost in 2004

1 comment:

ISLAND MONKEY said...

Good to see they are still offering some challenging articles..I recommend 20 Years Of Rolling Stone: What A Strange Trip It's Been - some great photos as well..